Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Laundry Line


We just hung a make-shift laundry line in our back yard. I love it! I love going outside to dry my clothes. (I don't love getting bit by mosquitos). I feel like I'm participating in work that people have done for generations, and that people still do all over the world. I feel more connected. I actually think it's good for my emotional health. I just LOVE it! AND - I'm saving, like, $600 by not buying a clothes dryer. Good for my pocket book. Good for the environment. Can't get better than that!

I think we're going to go to ikea some time this week to look for a better system. Because right now, the only thing I can really hang in the middle of the line are 12in washclothes.

Don't want scratchy clothes? Here are some outside clothes-drying tips:
1. Don't hang them in the sun.
2. Don't let them get rained on. Rain = crispy, crunchy clothes.
3. Pull them off the line when they're about 95% dry.
4. Put 1/2 cup of baking soda in your laundry to help keep clothes soft. (I haven't tried this one yet. Not sure how to do it in my HE washer)

Any suggestions of yours?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: