Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Over Easy

I'm officially a vegetarian now. Let's call a spade a spade: I was pretty much vegetarian with dabbles of pescatarian since I went vegan. Now that I've embraced my true food identity, I have really enjoyed adding eggs back into my diet. They're pretty much the perfect food. They cook quickly, fill you up, and you can decide how many fat and calories you want to eat by omitting the yolk. I love it!

Recently, I learned the method to cooking a perfect over-easy egg, thanks to my husband's insatiable information consumption. And I've got to give it to him - it's a good egg! How many times have you tried to make an egg over-easy, only to break your precious soft yoke when you flip it? And then the yolk ends up cooking half-way before you can scrape it off the pan? It's happened to me so much that I had pretty much given up cooking eggs over-easy. But NO more! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tablespoon of water
a misting of oil
non-stick skillet and lid

Directions:
1) turn on the burner to medium high
2) mist your non-stick pan with oil. (If using a regular non-non-stick skillet, add more oil.)
3) add your egg
4) Once the translucent part of the egg has turned white, add 1 tbsp of water, and cover the pan
5) The yolk will cook with the steam.
6) Cook till desired done-ness.
Et voila! The perfect egg over-easy, and no broken yolk ever again! Happy egging, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment